Today we are introducing you to Hannah Johannes as our BethieLife Woman Crush. Hannah is the reigning Miss Houston! She has been very busy fulfilling this honor as well as attending law school. Beauty and brains! You can also look for Hannah in the upcoming Miss Texas pageant. Check out her interviews below. Welcome, Hannah!
Photos by Angie Fanelli
Born and raised in Houston, Texas
If you were stranded on a desert island, what three beauty products would you like to have with you?
- Face wash/moisturizer
- BB cream with spf
My personal style comes from the mixture of different areas in my life. Growing up as a figure skater, I love leotards/bodysuits and bling. However, because I was always working out, I enjoy wearing workout gear and sometimes dressing it up to a casual on the town look. Now as a pageant girl, I love girly, sparkles, and everything cocktail. I don’t typically wear glitzy outfits on the regular, but when I attend different events I like to tap into my pageant side.
I LOVEEEEE French fries, specifically, Chick-Fil-A French fries. I have to refrain from eating them with every meal because I would totally love to.
Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it. I got this piece of advice during my first year in college and it changed my life for the better. Before, I would be negative toward situations that did not turn out how I wanted. After learning this statement, I realized it does not matter what happens but what matters is how I react.
- I love The Dunlavy! They have a wonderful breakfast/lunch menu and absolutely beautiful decor. The chandeliers inside are stunning.
- Tout Suite is another great place. I enjoy going there to study and eat delicious macaroons.
- Uptown Hair Studio and Boutique, which is located in Bellaire. This store has such fun and cute fashions. I always leave with several awesome and unique outfits.
I am currently a 2nd year law student and Miss Houston USA 2017. I am preparing to compete in the Miss Texas USA 2018 pageant, which is September 1 – 3. I am constantly working in the community, attending various events, and getting involved with different organizations. I am also very involved in school organizations and hold a position in the Student Bar Association. I just returned from studying abroad this summer in London. I absolutely loved my experience and look to return very soon. Right now, I am planning to visit Puerto Rico for an annual conference for sports and entertainment law.
I love to sleep. However, when I’m not working or sleeping, I like to spend time with my family and friends. I just love to be silly and laugh with them.
Kitchen 713 is a fairly new restaurant but has a delicious menu and yummy cocktails.
I don’t really do too much online shopping because I like to see things in person. But, Nordstrom.com. Nordstrom is my go to because I can find almost everything I need there. I love to online look for inspiration and ideas! I like to look at revolve.com, Pinterest, and various Instagram profiles. Instagram is one of my most used platforms for everything from makeup looks to recipes. I find tons of ideas on Instagram!
- Find the products that work best for your skin. Everyone has a different skin type, therefore, we have to find the product best for the specific skin type. Having struggled and still struggling from eczema and acne, I am constantly looking to find what is the right product to meet all of my needs.
- Once you find your products, make a regimen and stick to it as long as it works for you.
- Most importantly, love yourself and every “flaw” because our “flaws” makes us beautiful.
- French fries
I have a hard time co-existing with bugs. Especially spiders and roaches.
I would love to host a red-carpet event like Giuliana Rancic from E! News does. I think it would be amazing to be styled by the best and interview stars about what they are wearing. Witnessing all of the wonderful fashions and celebrities sounds like a dream to me. Second to that I would love to just travel the world.
- Movie: Girls Trip
- Book: The Power by Rhonda Byrne
2nd year law student at Thurgood Marshall School of Law
24 years old.
I love to try to scare people. The funny part is that it usually never works. They always hear or see me before I can say “boo!”