Today we are introducing you to Carol McBride as our BethieLife Woman Crush. Carol is an expert and world traveler in the human resources business and is now publishing a book on the subject. Carol’s mantra is to look at everything with a sense of humor. Check out her written and video interviews below and you might learn where the famous eat soul food in Houston! Welcome, Carol!
Denver, Colorado in the Park Hill community. The community has completed a redevelopment and is booming mecca affectionately known as the Stapleton Redevelopment Project.
If you were stranded on a desert island, what three beauty products would you like to have with you?
- Johnson & Johnson Coconut Baby Oil – skin must stay soft despite the conditions
- Maybelline Mousse Foundation – yes I am vain and need my foundation even if have no eyeliner
- Cantu Leave-in Conditioner – hair must always be great never know when a rescue is imminent
My mother! She always sought out the affordable but stylist clothes that could be wash and ironed and make you still look like a million bucks. I even had a really cute Easter outfit from the Goodwill one year and she topped the outfit off with a pair of NEW white knee sock and I felt so beautiful.
My husband is also on the top of the list as he is cool in the shade and has gifted me with some of the top designer dresses that I would have never thought I would have the ability to purchase in this lifetime. He is fantastic and equally charming and fashion forward.
Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting topped with pecans halves
Never be silenced because your ability to speak and inspire people publicly is your GIFT!
- Restaurant – J. Alexander’s on Westheimer and Wilcrest
- Store – Neiman Marcus
- Working to publish my first in a series of non-fiction creative human resources book. Need to move through the A-Z process. Next step is sending my manuscript to my editor for editing and in preparation of sending to a great literary agent and publisher.
- I am currently on a leave of absence pursuing my dreams of being an HR industry best-selling author.
- What down time?! I am trying to get a book to market! LOL
- I am a movie buff and love, love, love going to the movies whenever possible with my husband and kids.
- Mikki’s Soul Food Café off of US59 and W Bellfort Street. Bring your appetite and be prepared to take a doggie bag home for later.
- Use makeup wipes to remove long lasting makeup nightly or when refreshing for after-five event
- Apply Neosporin to face to keep skin soft and avoid dry skin build-up
- Use primer under eye shadow as it really works!!!
- Pen and paper – love to write
- Books – love to read
- Ultra-soft blanket because we always have air condition running in our house rain or shine
- Trimming my nose hair as it just make me get all freaked out inside but know I must stay groomed so have my husband hold me down to complete task. LOL!!
- Boarding a cruise ship even if the deal is priced super low – watched Titanic too many times!
Jamaica of course – treated like a queen when I am there!
Author, wedding planner, run a non-profit organization bring awareness to homelessness, greeting card creator, cupcake business owner – YEP that is a mouth full but it is true – ask my family!
- Book – The Weekend Book Proposal by Ryan G. Van Cleave
- Book – Marketing Brand You by LaFern Batie
- Movie – Straight Outta Compton – I am a 70s baby and 80s teenager
- By day I am a Senior Consultant specializing in employee health and welfare benefit administration at Ascende Inc. By night I am an aspire author working to publish my first in a series of non-fiction creative human resources books. I have been a human resources generalist for over 20 years and specialize in international HR and benefits administration.
I am proud to be over 40!
- I am laugh at myself continuously hence my title of my new book “HR, Where’s Your Freaking Sense of Humor”.
- Once while flying home to Denver, CO after a long week of company HR meetings, I entered the airplane bathroom and exclaimed, “I am sorry I did not know someone was in here” and then realized that I was talking to my reflection in the mirror! I have forgotten how I looked or was too tired to recognize myself. Laughed uncontrollably all the way home and my family is still laughing when I tell this story 15 years later.