Shop The Look
Sssshhhh…Will you kiss and tell this Valentine’s Day? I sometimes do and sometimes don’t 🙂 IKEA is the perfect place to explore for any fashion shoot, with all it’s venues and settings. IKEA is the world’s largest furniture retailer, founded in Sweden in 1943 by then 17-year old Ingvar Kamprad. Known for it’s modern architectural designs, huge selection of everything for the home, low prices and ready-to-assemble furniture.
A few fun facts about IKEA:
- IKEA is an acronym that stands for Ingvar Kamprad (founder) Elmtaryd (the farm where he grew up) and Agunnaryd (his hometown).
- IKEA products are named rather than numbered because founder Kamprad is dyslexic.
- They sell a bookshelf every 10 seconds.
- First company to feature a portrayal of a gay relationship in one of its ads.
- The largest IKEA store in the world is located in Stockholm, Sweden. It covers 594,167 s.f