The Dressed to Kilt fashion show made it’s debut in Houston last evening at the brand new Million Air hangar and it was packed with fashion lovers in plaid! I am 50% Scottish, so when I was asked to cover this show I was like Yessss!! This event was so huge that I am first posting about the crowd and tomorrow I will post all the pics from the awesome fashion show.
The most prestigious Scottish fashion show in the world, Dressed to Kilt (www.dressedtokilt.com), honored Houston’s Man of the Year, Mr. Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale during a celebrity filled show celebrating country cool looks “From the Scottish Highlands to Houston.” The show served as the official opening of the new Million Air Houston facility at Hobby Airport, and the largest private jet hangar in TEXAS .
Check out this line up of local, national and international celebrities and heroes who participated:
Mattress Mack – Man of the Evening!
Trae The Truth – Houston Rapper & Harvey Evangelist
Marcus Luttrell – former Navy SEAL – founded Lone Survivor Foundation/Melanie Luttrell – wife of Marcus Luttrell
- Viscount William Garnock – Scottish Royalty
- Liz Hanna – direct descendant of John Muir
- Eve Muirhead – Olympic Medalist – Curling
- Carl Lewis – Olympic Track & Field Champion
- Andrew Cullen – Scottish survivor/ 9/11 World Trade Towers
- Taya Kyle – gold star widow of “American Sniper” Chris Kyle
- Mike Thorton- former Navy SEAL and Medal of Honor recipient
- Anna & Kevin Kelly – Father-daughter duo
- Dan Crenshaw -Former Navy Seal and Congressional Candidate.
- Lea Gabrielle – Fox News journalist/former Navy fighter pilot
- Kirk Shireman, Program Manager for the International Space Station Program (NASA)
- Jennifer Reyna – KPRC-2 Traffic/MidDay Anchor
- Karen Bell – British Consul General
- Bob Cavnar – Houston’s Mister “Kilt”
- Brittany Hebert – Houston President CEO/Sky High Chartiy for Children – Benefiting St. Jude and Childhood Cancer
- “Sam Houston” Look Alike – GSC & PM will list historical connections between Texas & Scotland
- HFD First Responders
- HPD First Responders
- Cindy Burbano – MEGA 101. FM – Houston Hispanic Radio Morning Show DJ.
- Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram – YouTube Celebrity and Raw Food Vegan Influencer (1M Followers)
- Staci Henderson – Houston Socialite and Philanthropist
- Shannah Quinn – Membership director of Social Graces/Houston’s Philanthropic Fetes – assisted in promotion of the event. Shannah is a candidate for Leukemia & Lymphoma’s woman of the year.
Traditionally hosted in New York City, the Friends of Scotland charity, co-founded by Sir Sean Connery in 2002, chose to come to Houston in 2018 to HELP raise funds FOR THE HOUSTON-BASED CHARITY, THE LONE SURVIVOR FOUNDATION.
The event raised funds for the Navy SEAL Foundation and a number of former SEALS walked the runway. They joined over 40 models, from celebrities, athletes to local heroes and personalities.
The theme of this year’s show was:” From the Scottish Highlands to Houston, Texas – Country Cool”, Country Lifestyle Clothing and the Fashion of Outdoor Sports. The runway was filled with the latest Tartan & Tweed designs and everything from kilts to camouflage.
Some of the local Houston-based organizations involved in the event included the Houston Fire Department’s Pipe & Drum Marching Band, the British American Business Committee, (the British Consul General of Houston walked the runway as the official model of the BABC), Scottish Development International, the St. Thomas Episcopal High School award winning Pipe & Drum Marching Band, the Big Easy Ranch, and first responders from both the HFD and the HPD.
The Title Sponsor of the show was Gallery Furniture of Houston. Media sponsors included: Houstonia, 100.3 FM The Bull, and Taste of Texas.
About Dressed to Kilt
From its genesis in 2003, DTK is now the largest and most prestigious Scottish fashion event in the world, and one of the highest profile fashion shows in the United States. We believe that fashion without the enrichment of diverse cultures become hollow. The show is produced by the Friends of Scotland charity which was co-founded by Sir Sean Connery in 2002. In addition to supermodels, this show highlights very accomplished men and women on the runway and it is also filled with A-List celebrities and athletes from both sides of the Atlantic. In recent shows Sir Sean Connery, Gerard Butler, Kiefer Sutherland, Kyle MacLachlan, Ivanka Trumpand Donald Trump Jr., Chris “Mr. Big” Noth, Mike Myers and Craig Ferguson have all walked the runway. The charity has raised significant sums for the families of wounded veterans. We are not a political organization but we believe that we owe the young men and women who risk their lives for us an enormous debt of gratitude.
Photos/Assistance by Amber Fierman