Today we are introducing you to Connie Kwan-Wong as our Bethielife Woman Crush.This accomplished lady is a former pediatric cardiac sonographer who now has CKW Collection – a skincare and crystal clutch company. Her line of purses is gorgeous! She is also the founder of Connie Kwan-Wong Foundation which raises funds for children’s issues. Smart, beautiful and giving! Connie does it all. Read more about her in the interview below. Welcome Connie!
- Founder of Connie Kwan-Wong Foundation. The mission of my foundation is to raise awareness about the immediate problems and issues that the children are facing in Houston, how best to address them and serve as bridge between the wonderful Houston community and the reputable charitable organizations. The organizations we have been supporting including Boys and Girls harbor, Kids Meals, March of dimes, Children’s Defense Fund and many more.
- The Founder and director of CKW Collection- Skincare and Crystal clutch Company. This company was created because of charity. I want to bring in an idea that looking fabulous can also make you feel great by giving back to the community. This truly reinforce beautiful inside and out. The profit of the company’s sales always goes to different charity projects.
Besides having my foundation and company, I was also a pediatrics cardiac sonographer specialized in congenital heart disease for 13 years. It helped me to develop a strong connection between children and understand their needs during their difficult time. I loved my job but I wanted to focus more on charity so I have decided to stopped my medical field career last year so that I have more time for the children who need my help.
I am turning 38 in this month.
I was born in Hong Kong and moved to Australia when I was 11. When I was 21, I moved to the United States because of my husband.
If you were stranded on a desert island, what three beauty products would you like to have with you?
- Cleanser- cleanse and refreshed.
- CKW Collection Face serum with Apple Stem cell- hydrated and smooth.
- Complexion enhancer moisturizer with SPF –even out skin tone and protect from the sun.
Coco Chanel- one of her quotes was “A girl should be two things: Classy and fabulous.” Also, be yourself and different.
Charity. I believe giving is better than receiving. Love the people around you and help the people who need you.
Not money, not status and not power will bring you true joyfulness. Inner peace, satisfied with what you have and no jealousy will bring you true and long lasting happiness.
- BCN Taste and Tradition
- Uchi Japanese Restaurant
- Mark’s American
I am working on a few charity projects such as Moral and Character program and using art, music and reading to bring out children’s creativity.
I like to spend time with my family and 10 months old, have some one-on-one time with my good friends and I love to paint.
- Eat 2 egg whites and a bowl of oat meal for breakfast – high level of protein, fibers and low in calories.
- Do regular walking exercise. I consider shopping is also a kind of walking exercise. LoL.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Water not only essential for your body, it also help skin looking good.
- Knowledge and creativity
- Motivational and positivity books
- CKW Collection face serum
Germs. I like to wash my hand or use hand sanitizer regularly.
Santorini in Greece. It is a very peaceful and relaxing place. Also, it brings me a lot of great memories with my family.
I would do exactly the same things I am doing now. My passion is charity and beauty and I have made my dreams come true. I feel very blessed and satisfied with what I have now.
The Avalon Relics Lilith links by J.L. Clark. It is a great story about coming into your own, being a strong young woman, and taking charge of your life.
I always think I am shy but every time I tell that to people, they don’t agree and laugh very hard. I guess I finally have to believe I am not shy.