I am not a beauty blogger, but a lot of ladies ask me about my skin, so I wanted to share! Here are 18 products I use during the cold weather months and how/why I use them.
- Cleansing ~ I start off with exfoliating with St. Ives scrub. I then wash my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean and in the evenings I use the Clarisonic brush. All beauty routines must start with clean, scrubbed skin.
- Toning/Pore tightening ~ I use Roc Deep Wrinkle serum in the morning for tightening. In the evening I use either La Roche-Posay Effaclar serum or Perricone MD Pre-Empt Series Skin Perfecting Serum. I use these right after cleansing and patting my face dry. They are great for tightening pores before moisturizing. Effaclar is the strongest, so not meant for all skin types.
- Everyday Moisturizing ~ I use Jenetiqa La Creme Premiere, Lumene Overnight Bright Sleeping Cream or D’OR24K Endless Beauty Multi-Vitamin Recovery Day Cream. I usually use these products in the morning, as you can put makeup over them. I like to use more than one at a time as well. I will mix a couple of them together in the palm of my hand or layer them.
- Deep Moisturizing ~ During the winter months, especially, I like a heavier cream for day (if not wearing much makeup) and night before going to bed. I use No. 7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask, Jose Maran Whipped Argan Oil or Soap & Glory Righteous Butter. These are all great for heavy hydration.
- Facial Oils ~ At night I also add at the end of my routine a facial oil. This might not work on gals with oily skin, but if your skin is dry, these do the trick. I love Jenetiqa Night Beauty Dry Botanical Oil, Bio-Oil, Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail and Organic Argan Oil. I will either layer these on or mix them with my heavy moisturizer. Putting these on before bed will help you to wake up with soft skin.
- Skin Bronzers ~ I wear a lot of short skirts, so I need to put a little glowing bronzer on my legs. I love Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer and Victoria’s Secret Bronze.
- You should also compliment your beauty routine with a few facials and massages each year to professionally deep clean and amp up your circulation.
- Lastly, I think it’s always a good idea to switch out and try new products. I find that my skin is receptive to changing and mixing things up.