I recently did a segment on Great Day Houston (check out the video on my press page) about dressing younger. I’m over 50 and so are a lot of my friends. Here are 12 tips:
1. Boots, booties or caged heels.
2. No moo-moo’s. Wear fitted clothing. Full-figured young girls still wear fitted clothing and look fabulous.
3. Add some leather (faux leather) to an outfit. Could be a skirt, vest, jacket, bracelet etc.
4. Peek-a-boo shoulder or a bit of sheer fabric.
5. Add a “conversation” piece. A friend of mine carried a darling purse shaped like a bucket of popcorn. Everyone was walking up to her asking about it.
6. Leggings, tights, socks or patterned hose.
7. Accents of studs, chains, buckles or zippers on clothing, shoes, purses.
8. Graphic T-shirts.
9. Contemporary jewelry makes any outfit look more youthful.
10. If you can, go shorter.. Also, the below-the-knee pencil cut dress/skirt is very flattering.
11. No Mom jeans!!! There is a reason there is an SNL skit about it.
12. Have a young attitude!! Listen to music, chat with young people, dance, have a burger and fries like when you were a teenager, go to a concert, contact one of your high school friends, go to a beer bar, take a long walk in the park, youtube the Funniest Game Show moments, get a gelato, hang out with your best friends…Realize that when you’re 90, you’re going to think you were pretty young now 🙂